Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time Flies


Has it really been nine months since I've last posted in this blog? Holy cow! I'm so sorry. Well, to sum up the past nine months - I quit my at home computer job and began subbing at the CDC. I loved working with the children so much that I decided to pursue an AA degree in Early Childhood Education. I took two classes during winter term and decided going to school, working part time, and having a family is too much for my mental state. So instead of taking classes, I continued subbing Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for three months. Then I applied for a teacher position the end of June. Yay - I got hired as a support teacher in Transition A room (2-3 year olds). I am excited for the new school year. Allison will be in preschool and Isaiah will be in the toddler room.

Enough about me! Matt built the kids a beautiful play house! It only took a couple of months to complete. They love playing in it. Allison picked out the yellow paint for the interior walls. The exterior matches our house and the shed including the red door.

Isaiah started walking everywhere a couple days before the 4th of July. Now he's running and chasing Allison. They have been devouring the strawberries growing in our backyard. We hang out at the parks a lot this summer. No vacations for us this summer. We did manage to go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium with Matt's parents and I took the kids up to Seattle to hang out with Amaya and Logic. We are still trying to go camping some time. Matt painted and put up crown molding in the living room and dining room (which is actually the play room). He also painted the downstair's bathroom but I didn't like the color (too poopy) and so at this moment in time he is repainting it. I am hoping he'll be able to clean out the garage before the rain starts so I can park my car in there.

Well, I think I've got you up to date on us. Hopefully, it won't be another nine months before I post again.

Love!

1 comment:

Amaya said...

So glad to see you're back online. Especially since my IM buddy will soon be working full time. I should probably cut the chord but I don't want to.