Saturday, August 12, 2006

Argh!

I'm irritated. I know - when am I not irritated? Well, my mother-in-law is staying with us this weekend. She and her brother got here Thursday evening. I swear, she and her husband do not know how to help around here. I don't expect all my guests to help us around the house but come on, parents can help. When my parents are here they are always helping out by doing dishes, laundry, and cooking. I don't expect them to do these things but they want to help out. What do Art & Royce do? Sit on the couch, eat what we serve, and leave messes. The messes aren't huge but enough to irritate me. All I ask is for a little help without me having to ask.

Last night I had to go pick up Allison from day care since Matt needed to work late. I got all the ingredients out and asked Royce if she would make the lasagna. She made it and didn't seem to mind. Unfortunately, the lasagna wasn't very good (to me). She only put cheese on the top and none in the layers. What's up with that? Cheese in the layers is what makes lasagna lasagna!

Anyway, fortunately Art isn't here as well; otherwise, we'd have an even bigger mess with the damn coffee. The man does not know how to pour coffee into his mug without spilling on the counter. Then when he's finished with the coffee maker, he just leaves the filter inside with the brewed remnants.

Enough complaining. I can't beat a dead horse to death.

Thanks for listening!

No comments: