Friday, August 11, 2006

Leader of the Pack

So my dad is weird. Amaya can vouch for this. My dad has not been one to use the computer much except when he was working. Now that he is retired - the man cannot stop emailing his children! In fact, he has started a down right world war three between us siblings. Okay, so it hasn't gotten that far. He would love it if it did.

First of all, I have to admit that I thought I was special and that I was the only one he was emailing me 'love you' emails every morning. Ha! Boy was my little bubble popped when I got an email from my sister, Laurie, that had an email from Dad in it. I guess I'm not that special.

Anyway, so for some reason, my other sister, Jill, thinks we are all competing against her with sports watching. My dad was the sport fanatic in our childhood days. She totally went off in an email about us deciding 'to hop on my daddy ride with sports' and this 'does not give them the right to take up my football time.' Whatever! Who played sports when we were growing up? Hmmm, that would be me! I'm the only one who played volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball, and tried running (a futile attempt). Yeah, yeah, Amaya played a little bit of basketball and soccer. And Laurie did track. What did Jill do? Cheerleading. Whoop dee do! Now, cheerleaders, don't get all excited on me about cheerleading is a sport also. I'm sorry, but my dad would not think cheerleading is a sport. I do not either. It's all about boobs, people - getting your boobs shown on tv. Yep, there you have it. The truth is known now! Watch the damn tv people! Do you see the cheerleaders being televised actually cheering? No! You see the camera on their boobs, shaking their booty. Blech!

Whoa - I went off on a tangent there. Heh heh. Back to the sports thing and my siblings. I'm going to have my say and let Jill know that she is not the only sport watching fan in our family. Damn her!

I love you, Jill.

No comments: