Sunday, September 16, 2007

B-day

Instead of going to Spokane for a sisters weekend, I decided to stay home and celebrate my birthday with my family. The morning started out with Matt taking care of Isaiah (he woke up early) and then all of us getting ready to go to Corvallis. There was no "Happy Birthday, Mommy." or "Happy Birthday honey". Instead there was the usual "You need to get dressed." and "Where are your shoes, Isaiah?"

I mention this minute little fact to my mom when she called me. So when Allison got on the phone with her Allison listens for a while and then she says to me, "Happy Birthday." Gee, thanks, Mom. She tried.

Finally, in the car, an opportune moment occurs for me to tell Matt, "You forget a lot of things." He gives me that look of "what are you talking about?" I'm not about to tell him that he hasn't wished me a happy birthday. He finally gets the hint and asks me, "Did you see the card on the back of the love seat?" Yeah, right. NO! I did not see it. If I had we wouldn't be having this conversation. I, I, I.

That's how my birthday started but it ended nicely. We made it to Corvallis and ate lunch and played at the park. Then we watched the Beavers stomp Idaho State. Then we went on the field and played around. We hiked back to the car and drove home.

This is a good start to another year!

No comments: