Thursday, September 06, 2007

Is your body smarter than yourself?

So when my body is stressed it tries to tell me by giving me awful looking cold sores or painful canker sores. But I thought I could trick my body by stopping these sores with medicine. Why in the world would the body give itself another stressor? I mean, come on! Hello? The sores just make me even more stressed because I'm in pain! Anyway, I'm veering away from my point of this post. So, I stopped the cold sore and the canker sore. But, mwoahaha!!!!! I wake up one morning to a rash on my stomach. At first I thought a swarm of mosquitoes had bitten me the previous night. But I think I would have noticed a bunch of bugs under my shirt. Anyway, the rash is extremely itchy! But I will myself to not scratch, not even around the patch (hey, I was being a poet and I didn't even know it). I say patch because it is basically a patch of bites with redness all around and it's even a little tender to the touch. Weird. Being my usual self, I have to show someone my physical problem. So I show Matt and he gives this look of dismay and tells me I need to go see the doctor. But typical me I try to wait it out. I give it seven days and then I call and make an appointment. Unfortunately, my regular doctor cannot see me right away so I see the nurse practitioner (that's a whole other post in itself). She tells me this rash is SHINGLES. What? It can occur when the body is under stress. How can one's body be smarter than one's self? Go figure. So now I know what to do if I get shingles again. I can fix it with medicine. If I do that, I wonder what my body will do to me next. Mwoahahahahaha!!!!

1 comment:

Amaya said...

OMG Sister! I don't even know what to say...