Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Feet Taste Bad

So I stuck my foot in my mouth (pretty deep too) on Saturday at the Beaver game. There's this dad and his son that sit right behind us. They are very annoying because they converse about the game as if they know what they're talking about. Matt can vouch for me that they don't know what they're talking about. Anyway, we all know people who are like that, right? Well, almost half way through the game, I hadn't heard the dad or the son talking so I leaned over to Matt and said, "I'm so glad the dad and son aren't here today." and Matt replied, "Oh, they're here!" What? Oh my gosh! They are here! Man, I felt guilty for the rest of the game and I couldn't look them in the face when I stood to take Allison to get some food. Hopefully they will have forgotten about what I said by the end of October which is the next home game. Well, at least maybe I can get the bitter taste of feet out of my mouth by then.

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Ouch! Are you sure they heard you?
How old are they? Old enough where the son isn't going to be tormented for the rest of his life for hearing that?
Say the kid is 13 - he and his dad should probably hear that from someone. Maybe you just saved thousands of people a monumentous amount of annoyance by pointing it out to them. Huh?
Does that help?