Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hello

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've written. I really need to get in the habit of writing every day so I won't lose you readers.

Well, this blog has helped strengthen my relationship with my older sister, Jill. In previous posts I was complaining that she treated me like a little sister. I felt like I could not talk to her like she was my friend. So I went off on her in the post. She read my post and began to email me and talk on the phone with me as if I was an adult and a friend of hers. Whoa! I was amazed. I wrote her a note and said thank you for making the effort to change. I am really liking this new relationship with her.

This blog has also helped me with another relationship - my friend Randy. In another one of my posts where I was ranting about jealousy, I kept feeling guilty having written it even though she didn't know it was about her. I finally felt guilty enough (due to last Sunday's homily, Fr. had talked about how being jealous breaks apart community.) I had to write my feelings down in a notecard to her. (I love notecards) Anyway, I told her that her friendship means a lot to me and I apologized for being jealous. She emailed me back and thanked me for the sweet card and said she never thought of me as being a jealous person. What? She must not know me that well. Ha!

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Heh. Well at least your jealousy brought about something positive - a more honest relationship with Randy. I'm glad to hear that you took the initiative to communicate with her.