Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Sister!

I'm 32 and you're 27! Can you believe it?

I know you're not sure about God but I am because He sure knew what he was doing when He sent you in my life. And believe me, I really wondered at times why He sent you! I wondered at the young age of 6 when I had to share a tiny bedroom with a one year old. I wondered when I was 9 when I would continuously sing the ABC's to you at night so you would fall asleep. I wondered when I was 14 when I had to scoop dog poop with you. I wondered when I was 17 and you wanted to just hang out with me in my bedroom. I wondered when I was 24 and you were living with me in Wilsonville (that's when I really wondered!).

But I can stop wondering because had I been the last child I would have been a spoiled brat. I would have been impatient with other people's children. I would be scooping dog poop now. I would have no clue as to what my friends would be going through with their younger siblings. I would still be thinking that living with siblings would be okay. I would not have a best friend.

I cherish our friendship immensely. I am blessed (not lucky) to have you as my sister. I thank God that He sent you in my life.

As hard as life can get for you, just remember that one reason you are here is because of me.

I love you!

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Thank you sister!
But isn't there a rule against making the birthday girl cry? I'll have to look it up.
I realize we didn't always get along, but just think - now we have so much more to laugh about. I love you!